Pages

Monday, March 18, 2013

top ten... had to but unread



Confession time... those books you could not leave sitting in the store, but now they are simply collecting dust on your bookcase... and there is no way I will get rid of them, because I will read these... one day!


 It's always interesting to see what the gals at The Broke and the Bookish want us to confess!

Top Ten Books I HAD To Buy...But Are Still Sitting On My Shelf Unread

Major Pettigrew’s Last Stand by Helen Simonson. I had read a few good reviews about this one, the cover captured me, and I love the movie "Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day" - and I know that it has nothing to do with that, but it's that brain connection thing.

Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare. Another one of those that I saw so much love for on the blogosphere, and loved the cover.  I confess, I get sucked in by a captivating cover!

Entwined by Heather Dixon. Serious cover love here! Also, I enjoy re-tellings of fairy tales and this is about the 12 Dancing Princesses.

The Perfect Bride for Mr. Darcy by Mary Lydon Simonsen. I have to know who the other woman is in Mr. Darcy's life, since it is obviously not me...my name isn't on the cover!

The Help (two copies, even) by Kathryn Stockett. Loved the movie but bought one of these books at a charity shop in England before I even saw the movie.  I don't remember how I came across the second copy, but it's there!

The Children’s Book by A. S. Byatt. I have been wanting to read Possession by this author (which I have but haven't read), and walked into a bookstore and this book caught my eye.  I am torn on whether or not to read Possession first, or this one?!?

Keep Your Mouth Shut and Wear Beige by Kathleen Gilles Seidel. LOVED the title! Had to find out more.

The Book Thief (two copies of this one, too) by Marc Zusak. One of those books that everyone said I have to read, I bought the book twice, and still haven't read it!

Mercy by Rebecca Lim. Cover love! I also heard a few good things about this book, and saw the book, and grabbed it!

A Wife for Mr. Darcy by Mary Lydon Simonsen. Yes, same author as The Perfect Bride, but different book.  I had to possess another Austen-esque story.

So...what books have you picked up, but still haven't read?!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...