Pages

Friday, November 18, 2011

2012 Reading Challenges

Many people are starting to post the reading challenges that they will partake in for the year 2012.  I have a couple in mind, but the main one I intend on doing is this:

READ BOOKS THAT ARE ON MY SHELF!

With GoodReads and their fabulous BookSwap (which, sadly, is no longer in existence), I ended up collecting several books that I haven't even had the chance to read!  We purchased an additional bookcase, and half of it is filled with books that I 'swapped' but haven't read!  Plus, I found the joy of Net Galley and receiving ARCs for a review!  I went way overboard with that as well, and have about 15 books I still have to read and review!

So, My 2012 Reading Challenge is to NOT buy a book in 2012 (unless I really REALLY need it!)  The public library and my own personal library will be my friend in 2012!  (And any ebook that is $2.99 or less!)

I will be doing the League Reading Challenge, as I have wanted to read several of these books anyway, and I have said that one of my 101 things to do is to read 10 literary classics (#26).  Plus, it looks like I will be doing the TBR Pile Challenge... since this will be my goal!

Will-power, don't fail me now!  Must  R e s i s t  buying more books!  My husband has been very patient with me, stacking books everywhere!

Then, I will have to have on-site giveaways when I am done reading them... or host my own 'bookswap' to get these books to new owners who will love them and read them and pass them on!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...