Pages

Monday, September 12, 2011

Monday Musings #2



What is the one (or maybe two) qualities a book must have for you to pass it along to your best friend as a “must-read”?

In order for me to pass a book along to a friend, it has to be memorable in some way.  I am very reticent to recommend or pass a book along to a friend unless it ‘spoke’ to me in some way.  Usually a book speaks to me in memorable characters doing wonderful things; but more importantly, I think a book should say ‘something’ …tell you something of human nature or give you an ‘a-ha’ moment! 

If you were my friend (I hope that you are), here are a few books I would recommend!

Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee
Persuasion by Jane Austen

There are a few more… but these top my list!  What books would you recommend to your friends and what makes you recommend them?

Here’s a Monday Musing from a few weeks ago that I just saw…and wanted to partake in it!
What was the last book you…
• borrowed from the library?
• bought?
• cried over?
• disliked and couldn’t finish?
• read & loved?
• got for review? (or: got in the mail?)
• gave to someone else?
• stayed up too late reading?
My answers…
What was the last book you…
borrowed from the library? Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee
bought? Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare
cried over? Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee
disliked and couldn’t finish? Fixing Cupid by Cristian YoungMiller
read & loved? Emily and Einstein by Linda Francis Lee
got for review? (or: got in the mail?) The ‘What If’ Guy by Brooke Moss – for review
gave to someone else? Confessions of aJane Austen Addict by Laurie Viera Rigler
stayed up too late reading? The Far Pavilions by MM Kaye

This weekly meme is hosted by Should Be Reading.
All links will take you to GoodReads.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...