Pages

Wednesday, May 25, 2011

WoW #1

Excerpt from A Weekend with Mr. Darcy by Victoria Connelly (pg 66-67). 


This meme is hosted by Ruthi at Ruthi Reads!  The object is simple:  share exactly 100 words from the book you are currently reading, and no spoilers!  Be sure to include your book's title, author, and page number in your post.  Head over to Ruthi's site and add your link to your book!  Happy Reading!


Honestly ... why was she looking at his bottom?  What would Jane Austen have made of such brazenness?  She’d probably have laughed her head off and then written everything down so as not to forget anything, ... the author would have eyed up enough men’s bottoms in her time....  It was absolutely wicked by great fun to imagine the young author dreaming of Ftizwilliam Darcy and Captain Wentworth and what they might look like in their breeches.  Wasn’t that a big part of why the film and television adaptations were so successful – because of the fine display of men’s bottoms?

What makes this excerpt even more funny is that I had the book sitting open and my husband grabbed it.  He tends to roll his eyes a bit when I grab anything with 'Darcy' in the title, or that isn't 'substantial.'  This time, however, he flips to the page beyond what I have read, and reads this passage aloud, followed by the comment, "Well, this won't make it to my To Read pile."  All the while I am trying not to listen, as I haven't gotten to that page yet.  He left the room, and I read the full passage (as he only mentioned 'Fitzwilliam Darcy and Captain Wentworth and what they might look like in their breeches'!)  I laughed and just had to share this!
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...